One of our guest Arvind Seshachalam visited Forest Homestay, to enjoy nature and capture few beautiful clicks at night. He is an amazing photographer, cant believe that these images are clicked at Maradi. Thank you so much for sharing :)
Bird Sightings at Forest Homestay (Maradi, Aldur) and nearby places:
1. Common golden-backed Woodpecker (Dinopium Javanense)
2. Rufous Treepie / Indian Treepie (Dendrocitta vagabunda)
3. Asian Fairy-Bluebird (Irena puella)
4. Indian Peafowl (Pavo cristatus)
5. Greater Racket-tailed Drongo (Dicrurus paradiseus)
6. Black-naped Monarch Flycatcher (Hypothymis azurea)
7. Purple-rumped Sunbird (Nectarinia asiatica)
8. Scarlet Minivet (Pericrocotus flammeus)
9. Shaheen Falcon (Falco peregrinus peregrinator)
10. Ruby throated Bulbul
11. Yellow browed Bulbul (Iole indica)
12. Black-lored yellow tit (Parus xanthogenys)
13. Indian Scimitar Babbler (Pomatorhinus horsfieldii)
14. Crested Serpent Eagle (Spilornis cheela)
15. Red whiskered Bulbul (Pycnonotus jocosus)
16. Greater Coucal (Centropus sinensis)
17. Common Myna (Acridotheres tristis)
18. Brown-headed Barbet (Megalaima zeylanica)
19. House Crow (Corvus splendens)
20. Common Iora (Aegithina tiphia)
21. Malabar blue winged Parakeet (Psittacula cyanocephala)22. Indian Golden Oriole - Male
23. Malabar Barbet
Water Birds sightings on the route Bangalore-Hasan-Halebidu-Belur-Aldur-Maradi:
1. Oriental White Ibis (Thereskiornis melanocephalus)
2. Little Cormorant (Phalacrocorax niger)
3. Black winged Stilt (Himantopus himantopus)
4. Painted Stork (Mycteria leucocephala)
5. Spot billed Duck (Anas poecilorhyncha)
6. Common Coot (Fulica atra)
7. Little Grebe (Tachybaptus ruficollis)
8. Grey Heron (Ardea cineria)
9. Phesant tailed Jacana (Hydrophasianus chirurgus)
10. River Tern (Sterna aurantia)
11. Great Cormorant (Phalacrocorax carbo)
12. Brahminy Kite (Haliastur indus)
13. White breasted King fisher (Halcyon coromanda)
Courtesy by our guests Sharada Ganesh and Sivaguru Noopuran
5 Points to Hospitality, Food and Value for money quotient. The owner and the whole staff is very friendly, Honest and helpful. The food was next best thing. It was homemade, light, tasty and was in plenty. High value for money.
4 Points to the Location, Activities and cleanliness. Its Remote, serene, scenic and safe. Exactly what we were looking for after long awaited break from the office work. There are 1-2 moderate hiking sights and a waterfall nearby. There are good number of activities like Hiking, archery, rifle shooting, various board games. Whole place is clean. The rooms and toilet too were maintained properly.
3 Points to the Facility. There aren't enough rooms. So getting a private rooms for couples is difficult. Though there is a option of staying private tents. All the tents available were for max capacity of two people. You can carry your own tents and pick up a spot of your choice. The comfortable bedding will be provided.There are toilets and bathrooms available for the people staying in tents.
1 Points to the accessibility. Bad roads (Just final 2-3 Km only). Would recommend offroaders /SUVs. If you come in Sedan make sure you offload passengers to owner's Jeep and drive your vehicle with less weight. The road/driveway was under construction hope this will be made in few months.
One of our guests review on TripAdvisor, thank you Sumeet :)
With Great Devotion,
Fervor and Gaiety,
With Rays of Joy and Hope,
Wish You and Your Family,
Happy Makar Sankranti!
I visited this place with a couple of my friends and I believe it was worth every penny. The new tent arrangements at the edge of the forest are perfect for a group of guys or couples who seek privacy. Add to this, the amazing hospitality. The caretaker and his staff really go out of the way to make sure you feel at home and to take you around the places. One of the highlights not to be missed is the off-roading in the Jeep while going to Shankar Falls. Sunset Point is another beautiful place. I suggest that you stay here for at least 2 days so that you don't miss the treks and the coffee plantation walk.
One of our guests review on TripAdvisor, thank you Atreya :)
The Homestay is located in beautiful scenic place on western ghats. It gives us a gist of a Typical Malnad ambiance, food and lifestyle. The last few minutes of our journey from Chikmagalur while reaching the venue was a bit tough. However we were much relieved from all the stress as soon as we entered the guest house and the Bolt with other hosts welcomed us. We had been in a group and stayed in cottage and tents. We got an excellent service and hosts the cared to give us personal attention throughout during our stay. Hosts drove us to a nearby waterfall, adventurous drive back to the homestay and a trekking to the hilltop around their estate. Nuthan's Road of adventurous drive - by Jeep, Dikshit - the trekking expert, and the splendid support & service by Jeevan are unforgettable! Worth reliving every single minute of our excursion at Forest Homestay and Adventure Sports!
One of our guests review on TripAdvisor, thank you Havil :)
You can expect:
Latest news, offers, what our guest's say about us and their albums.